*If you don't want to read about turds then don't keep reading.
Last night Mckenzee was sitting on the potty and Chris went to check on her. I thought he was with her the whole time, but I was wrong. I was just listening to them from my comfy spot on the couch. Apparently, when he went in there she was touching the poop that she had done on the floor and he said:
Chris: "Eewww, Kenzee those are turds."
Mckenzee: "Turs"
Chris: "Did you have turds?"
Mckenzee: "Turs"
Chris: "Come on, let's wash your hands."
So, today Mckenzee shut herself in the bathroom for some alone time, and I let her be, and before long she came running out of there yelling, "Momma, turs! Momma turs! Look!"
Way to go Da-ee, teaching her that.
Sure enough there was one tiny turd in her little potty. Go Kenzee!
(Note: I always thought turds was spelled t-e-r-d-s like nerds, but I looked it up before posting and it is actually spelled with a u and it is in the dictionary.)
7 comments:
So, they always say that the day just isn't complete without learning something new ... now I know the correct spelling of turds. Not sure when I will ever use that word in print, but I will feel confident when I do. So, you may need to clue Chris in on the more appropriate words for little girls to use ... pooh or poop(s), perhaps. Although, the damage may already be done. Too funny!!
What a big girl!
Between my husband and my 8 year old step-son that word is thrown around quite a bit at my house. I'm having to retrain them on what is appropriate language now that we have a baby. Turd is just one word on a list of many words (that the boys say all the time) that I don't really want my daughter saying!
Ha! What an eloquent word for a 2 year old. Chris is funny. My Chris I am sure will teach our future (no I am not pregnant) children words much worse than that. He has no filter.
I have read this post several times a day because it makes me laugh....a lot! Dads are the best! Always good for something fun and maybe not so appropriate. I betcha you just can't wait to see what he will teach Riley. lol
Oh well, at least she knows what that word means. If Mia and Jules were offered a turd, they'd think it was chocolate. Sometimes learning bad words is a good thing.
LOL I love it... Atlee corrects me from saying "bad" words like dang it and stuff NOT cuss words and it's hilarious. Mama don't say dang it... is what I get from my 3 year old. I just don't want Atlee learning fart... yes I said it... that word is just not good for a girl to say!
this has nothing to do with your post but i'm so glad you discovered pumpkin steamers, i have one almost every day... bad habit but i just can't help it, it's an addition!
Post a Comment