Friday, August 7, 2009

Overwhelmed

Recently, I have felt like I am just at my limit. I am really only six months into this mom of two thing and a lot of the time I feel pretty good about myself, but here lately I can't seem to keep my head above water. I can't do all the things I want to do as a mother. I can't keep up with my house. I certainly am not able to do any of the things I want to do just for me, like craft projects, making laminated charts with velcro, organizing the bottom shelf in my laundry room, blogging family events, planning a date with my husband, lesson planning for Mckenzee's at home preschool. When I get to this point of being overwhelmed I become paralyzed and do nothing. So, all of my free moments lately, (which come late at night when I should be sleeping and make sure and suck out all of the energy I should be storing up for the next day) are spent on my virtual farm on facebook. Seriously??? Yes, that's what I do. It is mindless entertainment and I allow myself to completely veg out (hate the word veg) in front of the computer. I am currently saving for a barn and tomorrow I will harvest roughly 120 plots cotton.

7 comments:

chris said...

I think you are a great mom and have done a great job with the kids. I know they are overwhelming. I appreciate you and I will try and help you have more time for yourself. Love you!

BTW, your farm is pretty awesome!

Rachel said...

ahhh girl... you're doing fine... keep your chin up!!

Amanda, Aaron and Sarah said...

You are such an awesome mom! I know how you feel about just trying to keep up but never feeling like you get anything done. If you want to feel better about your house just come and look at mine:) I don't think I will ever have a house that looks clean until the kids leave for college. I know I probably won't have a real hobby until the kids are in college. You love your kids so much and that makes all the difference in the world. Any time I've been around your family I can tell that they are your number one priority. Remember I'm just around the corner if you need anything:)

Connie said...

O.k., well lets just be mermaids. They don't need to even come up for air. They just live down in the ocean and look pretty waving their sparkly tail and showing off their seashell clad boobs.

Anjolee is the perfect mermaid name. Connie is NOT a good mermaid name. I'll take Cordelia. It means "a sea jewel". Yes, I googled that.

ps I know that was stupid AND it will get better...one day at a time...

Amy said...

I hope things are starting to look up. I have no idea what it is like to raise children, but I know that feeling overwhelmed is the pits. I'll admit that I often turn to things that are mindless, even when I have a giant list of things to get done. Sometimes we just need a rest. I think that's what God intended anyway! Have a great day!

Sara said...

Well I don't even have any kids and still can't hardly keep my head above water so I think you're doin pretty darn good!
There's nothing wrong with virtual farming for a good pick-me-up at the end of the day (or beginning, or middle, or whenever you've got a few minutes to plant or harvest something...)
I'm proud of you big sister!
Love you!

Catherine said...

Girl, I only have 1 and I feel like this all the time. I'm just learning that every day it gets a little better- there are many setbacks along the way but it will get better again. You are doing a great job and you are not alone!!!