So yesterday.... ( I started this post on 4/15 and decided to finish it just now)
I wanted to take Riley to the doctor because that's like my very most favorite thing to do. Anyway, I thought he needed to go even though he just went on Friday. I decided to get us all ready and then call so that if they said,"Oh we have an opening if you can come now," I could accept. I called around 10:30 and found out my doctor wasn't in and the other doctor I like didn't have any openings so we would have to wait until the next day.
Then, I decided to go to Wal-mart. It would be my very first time to go to Wal-mart with both kids by myself. I tried to be prepared. I put my baby wearing wrap on before I left so I could put Riley in there when we got there. I had a whole bag of returns....some with receipt, some without. I found the receipt and put it in my wallet. I got us loaded buckled, snacked and happy and took off to Wal-mart.
I arrived at Walmart. I lysoled the buggy, put on my shopping cart cover, placed Mckenzee in it, and got my bag of returns out. Then, I opened the diaper bag to look for my wallet. Crap, no wallet. Thinking.....that's okay I think I have a checkbook in the console. Yes, here's a checkbook. I got Riley out and put him in the pouch facing out and covered his head with a blanket. We were good to go.
Inside Wal-mart I got my sticker for my returns and went to customer service. Since I forgot my wallet I didn't have my receipt, but that was no big deal really because a walmart shopping card is pretty much like cash anyway. I had a few more things to get before we left on our trip the next day. I got up to the desk and the girl asked for my ID, which I did not have because I had no wallet.
Thinking.............that's okay, I will call my sister and she can bring me her ID on the way to work and I'll do the returns that way. I'll just go ahead and go get what I need now and that way I'll be ready. I was in a bit of a hurry because Chris was bringing lunch home for us. I called Sara and she didn't answer. I called a couple of more times during my shopping and she finally called me back, but she couldn't get there in time.
I called Chris to see if he could push back lunch, but he couldn't. I gave up and put all my stuff back, but in a secret location so I could come back in there later and grab it up. You see I had about $50 in returns so I didn't want to just buy that stuff....I wanted to use my returns money.
I left feeling disappointed, but victorious in the fact that I had survived my first time out with two kids. I loaded them up and drove back home.
When I got there I went to get that stupid wallet and put in in the diaper bag so I would be sure to have it when I went back.
It wasn't on the counter.
I doubled checked my returns bag and there it was in the bottom of the bag.
Sigh.
1 comment:
ok thats a good story... I am sure that every person has one just like it...
Post a Comment