Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas

On Christmas Eve my sister called and said she heard on the radio that we were going to be met with near blizzard conditions later that day. She and I both thought that was hilarious. Then later, we knew what they were talking about. The snow fell ALL DAY and toward the evening was blowing completely sideways in sheets. It was awesome. I very much loved it. We decided to go ahead and brave the cold and loaded up our babies and head to church that evening. I asked Chris as were were buckling their car seats if we should really be doing this and he said he was just thinking the same thing.



We went anyway and when we got to church there was a full house including lots of small children and babies. Crazy people. After, we went to my parents house for pizza and Wii playing. Here is Kenzee snowboarding.



I am sure she really will be an awesome snowboarder someday. She told me the other day in the car that when she got bigger she was going to go snowboarding and that it would be okay cause it was just a little bit dangerous. This was before she played it on Wii....don't know where that came from. Then, for days when you asked her what she was getting for Christmas she would say a pogo stick. I would tell her no, time and time again that Santa did not have any pogo sticks for 3 year olds and then one days she finally said, How about a snowboard? Silly girl.

Chris and I stayed up until 2am getting things ready, cleaning up and doing additional assembly. Obviously, I did not follow my rules for Christmas Eve, but it we were glad to get everything in order for the next day.

Christmas was awesome. We started the morning by reading the Christmas story, but this year we read it in our bed with the kids before we went into the living room because we figured we wouldn't be able to control them once we got in there and we were right. Chris and I went a little overboard with the kids, but that's okay...we had to dock our spending money for each other, but we were just so excited about their stuff we didn't care. The picture is a bit embarrassing. It's not that they got so many things it's just that the things they did get were big. They loved their presents and we enjoyed watching them.



Later that morning Chris' family came over and we opened presents with them and then that afternoon after naps we went to my parents house. I do believe my mom and dad went a little overboard on their children too, but we really enjoyed our gifts and spending time with them and Aunt Sara....who got me awesome presents by the way. She always knows what to get. Thanks Wa!

We just hung out over there all evening and it was fun. My mom made ham and other tasty food and had a beautiful table set for us.



Merry Christmas!

No comments: